The purpose of the Pittsburgh Media Partnership (PMP) is to support and promote local journalism across the region for the public’s benefit.
The Partnership — which began operating in 2020 under the auspices of Point Park University’s Center for Media Innovation and now comprises 23 media outlets in the Greater Pittsburgh area — accomplishes this by:
- Encouraging collaboration between and among partner outlets;
- Developing and distributing resources;
- Building capabilities and pathways for young journalists;
- Providing opportunities for knowledge-sharing and problem-solving; and
- Advocating for local journalism